• When will I be able to register?
Registration for 2021-2022 school year is ongoing and will remain open throughout the 2021-2022 school year. The last day of school for students is May 26, 2022.
The registration link for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year will open on Monday, January 24, 2022 at 12 p.m. and will remain open throughout the 2022-2023 school year.
• What is the difference between the half day and all day Kindergarten program?
Perrysburg Schools offers two choices for kindergarten: half day kindergarten or a tuition-based all day kindergarten program. Each offers programming that meets the state's academic and social standards for quality educational programming. Families may choose the program that meets their needs. Kindergarten progress is measured with the same assessments in both half day and all day kindergarten.
—Half Day Kindergarten (HDK) - Students receive instruction in math, reading, writing, social studies and science; participate in group and center time and participate in music, art, physical education and STEM class.
—All Day Kindergarten (ADK) - Students receive an extended experience. Although the same kindergarten standards are taught, students have more time for participating in centers and group work and more time to develop social skills. Students have a half hour lunch and half hour recess time.
• When may I select Half Day or All Day?
New families enrolling to the district during the 2021-22 school year will make their choice at their enrollment appointment.
Families registering for the 2022-23 school year should refer to the 2022-23 KG Registration FAQ for the specific dates and times.
• What documents are needed for enrollment?
a. Student’s Birth Certificate
b. Proof of Residency
c. Immunizations and Perrysburg Physical Form, Physical Examination Form
d. Parent’s/Guardian's ID
e. Custody Documentation (if applicable)
• How much does All Day Kindergarten cost?
All Day Kindergarten is currently $285 per month.
• Why is there a cost for All Day Kindergarten?
The Ohio Department of Education requires school districts to provide half day kindergarten at no cost. For an all day program, there are additional costs that are incurred and the tuition helps offset some of those costs.
• How is tuition paid?
- Fee for entire year - $2,565.00.
- Required deposit of $285.00 confirms spot and pays for September.
- Eight payments of $285.00 to follow starting on October 1.
- Each payment is due by the 1st of each month for the month in which it is due,
through May 1.
- Pay in full by August 31 and receive 5% discount – pay $2,436.75 (total for 2022/23 school year).
- Entire fee due for first student; additional kindergarten siblings in the all day program receive 10% discount - $2,308.50/each (or $2,193.08 if paid by August 31) .
• Are there any tuition reductions available?
Yes, if a student (family) qualifies for free/reduced meals, there could be a percentage reduction. Please click here for more information.
• What are the times for Half Day Kindergarten
The daily and delay schedules may be found at this link: http://www.perrysburgschools.net/Calendars.aspx
• What are the class sizes (ratios) for kindergarten?
All Day – 25 students to 1 teacher and 1 part-time aide
Half Day – 20 students to 1 teacher
• Is there transportation for Half Day?
• How is a student’s school building determined?
According to district lines. Please contact Patty Haar in the enrollment office at [email protected] to confirm your child’s school if you are unsure.
• What is the required age (and cutoff date) for Kindergarten?
A student MUST be 5 years old by August 1, 2022, to enroll for the 2022-2023 school year.
• Is there an Early Entrance option?
Yes - if you would like to have your student tested for early entrance into Kindergarten, please contact Patty Haar in the enrollment office at [email protected] after January 24th, 2022, for the 2022-23 school year. Parents will need to fill out an Early Entrance testing application and provide a birth certificate and proof of residency. Testing is coordinated by the Director of Gifted Education.
• How many days a week is kindergarten program?
Classes are Monday-Friday.
• Does Perrysburg Schools offer before/after school programs?
The YMCA provides onsite before and after school care at both Fort Meigs and Woodland Elementary. Students at Frank and Toth have access to before and after school care at the YMCA Child Development Center at Fort Meigs, located at 210 East South Boundary. Go to ymcatoledo.org for more information.
Parents may also contact one of the local childcare providers for assistance. Many of them pick up/drop off students to each of our schools.
• Do students wear uniforms?
Perrysburg Schools does not require students to wear a uniform. We ask that students dress according to the weather.
• Does Perrysburg offer Open Enrollment?
For intra-district (moving from one school to another WITHIN Perrysburg School District) yes, there is an application process that you may begin with our enrollment department. For students who do NOT reside within Perrysburg School District, we do not offer Open Enrollment.