• When will I be able to register?
Registration for 2021-2022 school year will open on Monday, January 25, 2021 at 12 p.m. and will remain open throughout the 2021-2022 school year.
• What is Kindergarten Round Up?
Kindergarten Round Up is a day for parents/guardians to submit required paperwork to complete the enrollment process. NEW this year: students do NOT need to attend Kindergarten Round Up. In an effort to decrease the number of people at Round Up and to provide adequate social distancing, we are asking for only a parent/guardian to attend. Kindergarten Round Up will be held at Perrysburg Junior High School (550 E. South Boundary) on Monday, February 22, 2021.
• What is the difference between the half day and full day Kindergarten program?
Perrysburg Schools offers two choices for kindergarten: half day kindergarten or a fee-based all day kindergarten program. Each offers programming that meets the state's academic and social standards for quality educational programming. Families may choose the program that meets their needs. Kindergarten progress is measured with the same assessments in both half day and all day kindergarten.
—Half Day Kindergarten (HDK) - Students receive instruction in math, reading, writing, social studies and science; participate in group and center time and participate in music, art, physical education and STEM class.
—All Day Kindergarten (ADK) - Students receive an extended experience. Although the same kindergarten standards are taught, students have more time for participating in centers and group work and more time to develop social skills.
• What documents are needed for enrollment?
a. Student’s Birth Certificate
b. Proof of Residency
d. Parent’s/Guardian's ID
e. Custody Documentation (if applicable)
• How much does Full Day Kindergarten cost?
Full Day Kindergarten is currently $285 per month (1st month deposit is due in April 2021)
• Why is there a cost for full day kindergarten?
The Ohio Department of Education requires school districts to provide half day kindergarten at no cost. For a full day program, there are additional costs that are incurred and the tuition helps offset some of those costs.
• How is tuition paid?
- Fee for full year - $2,565.00
- Required deposit of $285.00 confirms spot and pays for September
- Eight payments of $285.00 to follow starting on October 1
- Each payment is due by the 1st of each month for the month in which it is due, through May 1
- Pay in full by August 31 and receive 5% discount – pay $2,436.75 (total for 2021/22 school year)
- Full fee due for first student; additional kindergarten siblings in the all day program receive 10% discount - $2,308.50/each (or $2,193.08 if paid by August 31)
• Are there any tuition stipends or reductions available?
Yes, if a student (family) qualifies for free/reduced meals, there is a percentage reduction. Please click here for more information
• What are the class sizes (ratios) for kindergarten?
For All Day – 25 students to 1 teacher and 1 part-time aide
Half Day – 20 students to 1 teacher
• Is there transportation for Half Day?
• How is a student’s school building determined?
According to district lines (please contact the enrollment office to confirm your child’s school if you are unsure)
• What is the required age (and cutoff date) for Kindergarten?
A student MUST be 5 years old by August 1, 2021 to enroll for the 2021-2022 school year
• Is there an Early Entrance option?
Yes, if you would like to have your student tested for early entrance into Kindergarten, please contact the enrollment office at (419) 874-9131 x2147.
• How many days a week is kindergarten program?
Classes are Monday-Friday.
• Does Perrysburg Schools offer before/after school programs?
No, please contact one of the local child care providers for assistance. Many of them pick up/drop off students to each of our schools.
• Does Perrysburg offer Open Enrollment?
For intra-district (moving from one school to another WITHIN Perrysburg School District) yes, there is an application process that you may begin with our enrollment department. For students who do NOT reside within Perrysburg School District, we do not offer Open Enrollment.
• Do students wear uniforms?
Perrysburg Schools does not require students to wear a uniform. We ask that students dress according to the weather.