At Perrysburg Junior High School, teachers and administrators are dedicated to assessing students’ knowledge using clear and objective measures, and communicating those measurements to all stakeholders. To this end, grades will:
- Be aligned to our core beliefs
- Convey achievement of identified standards approved by the Perrysburg School District
- Be predominantly determined by achievement and not behavior
- Be based on quality assessments and objective evidence of learning
- Support student learning
- Be clearly communicated to all stakeholders on an ongoing basis
Parents and guardians who would like to learn more about Best Practices in Grading and Reporting may want to read A Repair Kit for Grading—15 Fixes for Broken Grades, by Ken O’Connor (2011).